Originally essential oils were referred to as quintessential oils – it was thought that when a plant was distilled you were extracting the essence or spirit of the plant. Hence Mist of Essential Oils. Of course, this was several thousand years ago – today we […]
Essential oils have endless health benefits and can work wonders on your hair and scalp. Essential oils can help add shine, body, thickness and strength to your hair while improving the health of your scalp. These aromatic oils can easily be added to your existing […]
Best Essential Oil Diffuser 2016 GuideAt a time when the vast majority of beauty and household products are riddled with chemicals and toxins, essential oils are quickly gaining popularity amongst the health conscious public. Purchasing a diffuser is the quickest and easiest way to start […]
With an endless selection of diffusers all claiming to be the best aromatherapy diffuser available it can be difficult deciding which one to buy. Once you start using essential oils you will want to purchase a diffuser. To help make your decision easier we have answered some of the most commonly asked questions when it comes to purchasing a diffuser and have recommended which ones are the best on the market.
WHY USE AN AROMATHERAPY DIFFUSER?
100% All Natural
If you’re still using chemical laden outlet air fresheners or store bought room sprays then you might want to re-think your idea of ‘clean’. These toxic products were intended to mask smells and odors using chemicals that are harmful to the health of you and your family. Becoming mindful of the chemicals we expose our bodies to is the first step towards living a truly healthy lifestyle. One way you can reduce your exposure to chemicals is to replace your scented products with essential oils. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to successfully treat everything from anxiety to infection. Using essential oils in a diffuser as an aromatherapy solution can benefit your entire family.
Purify And Clean The Air In Your Home
Have you ever stepped into a spa and noticed the strong smell of eucalyptus oil? Most spas and steam rooms use this oil because it’s anti-bacterial. Rooms stay cleaner longer with the use of eucalyptus oil. The pleasing and welcoming scent can be easily added to a diffuser to re-create a home spa retreat or to simply help clean the air in your home after cold and flu season. Many other oils can be used to clean the air in your home but make sure the diffuser you are using is of good quality.
Variety Is The Spice Of Life
Once you own a diffuser you can start experimenting with different scents and aromatherapy recipes or ‘blends’ as they’re often called. A diffuser gives the user more control than a store bought room spray. By simply adding a few drops of essential oil you can change the scent and mood in a room, and keep changing the scent every time you use the diffuser. The ability to change the scents in your room at the drop of an oil is the key to aromatherapy. Feeling tense? Diffuse a few drops of bergamot. Have a headache? Diffuse peppermint and lavender together. The combinations and benefits are endless!
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING AN AROMATHERAPY DIFFUSER?
When we’re talking about diffusers, size matters. All diffusers on the market will quote the square foot area in which the diffuser will be most beneficial. If you have a large room, for example, a living room or bedroom, make sure the square footage quoted on the diffuser description matches your room size. If a diffuser’s optimal coverage is listed as 100-200 square feet then this diffuser will not work well in a 400 square foot living room. Using the wrong diffuser can weaken the health benefits associated with using essential oils and leave your room nearly scentless.
Nebulizing vs. Ultrasonic Diffusers
Not all diffusers are created equal. There are two superior categories of diffusers on the market, nebulizing and ultrasonic, and selecting one that will work best in your space is a big decision and investment.
Nebulizing diffusers are often the number one choice for aromatherapists because they are so powerful. Nebulizing diffusers do not use water or heat to mist the essential oil into the air. These diffusers work by atomizing the essential oils with the use of an internal pump which then circulates the fragrance of the essential oils into the air. Nebulizers can be made from a variety of materials such as metal, wood, plastic, porcelain and glass.
- Strongest concentration of essential oils diffused into air.
- Uses no water.
- Uses no heat.
- Built-in timers for run time and rest time (ideal for overnight use).
- Nebulizers are typically are more expensive than ultrasonic diffusers.
- Nosier than ultrasonic diffusers because of the pump.
Ultrasonic diffusers are similar to nebulizing diffusers but work without the use of a pump. Ultrasonic diffusers use a mix of water and essential oils to create a cool mist that is released into the air. These diffusers are not as strong as nebulizers, however, they are duel purpose because they double as a room humidifier. Ultrasonic diffusers are very popular for home use because they are easy to use and generally cheaper than a nebulizer.
- Uses no heat.
- Less expensive than nebuilzing diffuser.
- Doubles as a humidifier.
- Needs to be refilled with water.
- Not as strong as a nebulizing diffuser
OUR PICKS FOR BEST AROMATHERAPY DIFFUSER
Top 3 Best Nebulizing Diffusers
- Herb Terra Organics Nebulizer with Nanotechnology. This top of the line professional diffuser is made of the highest quality corrosion resistant Aluminum. The included remote control provides programable working time and work/pause intervals so that it saves energy and controls scent density. This diffuser also has a memory function, so you don't need to repeatedly adjust with each use.
- Raindrop Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser. This powerful diffuser has a sleek design, works great in large spaces (up to 800 square feet) and is equipped with attractive LED mood lighting (right image).
- Smiley Daisy Nebulizing Oil Diffuser. This diffuser is compact yet powerful and features a modern metallic exterior. Designed to maximize the use of oil, this diffuser works by using essential oil directly out of the bottle which is attached within the diffuser and can be easily switched out to accommodate different essential oils.
Top 3 Best Ultrasonic Diffusers
- Zen Breeze Essential Oil Difuser. Zen Breeze is a powerful diffuser and is beautifully designed with a wood grain base. This diffuser has an adjustable mist mode, 14 coloured LED lighting controls and doubles as a room humidifier.
- Quooz Rockano Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser. This high quality ultrasonic diffuser is whisper quiet and lasts for over 10 hours. Adjustable mist and lighting settings help customize each use while the auto-shut off feature makes this diffuser great for overnight use.
- White Orchid Ultrasonic Aromatherapy Diffuser. This ultrasonic diffuser is both durable and elegant. The diffuser has a white internal light that shines through the ceramic cover and casts a very soft glow which looks great in bedrooms. Features include auto-shut off and 6 hour run time (above image).